As usual I put the kibosh on my perfect soap.
I only have sample size micas so I thought I would make 1/2 a loaf = 500g (1 lb). I still wanted to use my silicone mold though because I have had this great idea before and lost most of the soap because it didn't come out of the mold (lunch box) and I wanted the finished soap to be a sensible soapy size.
So I taped a divider into the middle of the mold to make it 500g. To support this divider I put a few pieces of foam in the empty side.
So I mixed my batter to the perfect trace! (so pleased with myself) I mixed 2 tsp of mica into 4 tsp oil (great!). I did this for Nurture's Vibrance Yellow and Vibrance Blue.
I put 2 tsp of Nurture Yellow Vibrance mica/oil mix into my mix but it wasn't intense enough so I put the whole lot (equal to 2 tsp ppo) into the mix. A lovely, perfect yellow colour. (let's hope it cures to the same colour). I poured my first line down the side of the mold. Then I added 1/4 tsp of the blue oil/mica mix to each successive pours. Very nice colours just what I was aiming for.
Meanwhile my soap was leaking out under the divider! I had to hold the divider while I poured but still 1/2 the soap leaked into the other side. I pulled out the foam bits in the "this should be empty" side of the mold and have created interesting swirls (or just a complete mess) in that side of the mold.
Goodness knows what this is going to look like. It is warming it's little toes in the oven until tomorrow. My soap is going to be 40 mm high instead of 70. A ridiculous in-between size.
I love this technique though. So much easier than the other method where you have to measure each pour. Only one pot.
Just realised I forgot the stupid EO. :cry:
Here is the final soap. The one on the left is the "leaked through the divider" the two on the right are the itty bitty ombre. One good thing is that the micas worked and look good. They look a bit brighter in real life but I've take 5 photos and they still don't come up bright enough so you will just have to imagine "a bit brighter".
I went with higher water to give me time to play and so the spots in the soap are back when using the wire cutter. One day I will get it together and have one fantastic soap with good finish, good colour and good FO.