Colour morphing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
I finished making a watermelon soap for this heat... Turns out the green morphed. And it accelerated the soponification.. crossing my fingers as i had to mix the morphed one and the dark green as they were turning into soap on a stick . Did anyone experience this. What did you do ? Not that one can do much . But omg am so waiting for tomorrow.. now I am continuing with pure sandalwood oil ( from Cauvery) and ylang ylang and Sampenga flower ( ylang ylang) infused oil soap. .. with milk .. Indians will know these. Cauvery is the official sandalwood products shop sold by the govet. And ylang ylang tree is pretty common in most of South Indian homes... The smell of fresh flowers is intoxicating

I don't know what brand or type you used, but sometimes the color morphs a second time as it cures. The first time I used Bramble Berry's buttercup yellow, it was orange in the batter. Like really orange, so I kept adding other colorants. I learned later that it morphs back to yellow during the cure, so I should have left well enough alone. Good luck!

Back