Coloring

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

maggiemarieoc

Reaction score
In my home made lotions my favorite way to color them is with dehydrated fruit and veggie products- is this a way of coloring M&P soap as well?

Jhonywalker4090

Reaction score
I've read that you can use some herbs but you have the potential of DOS and I think it might even turn brown. Hopefully someone with more experience will put their 2 cents in soon.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
I have used powdered indigo, spirulina and madder root mixed into glycerin and added drop by drop to M&P soap to good effect for blue, green and red. I would figure the same would work for alkanet for purple - just go easy or it will go black. I would think just soaking annatto seeds in glycerin would give a nice yellow. You just want the glycerin to be as strong in color as possible so that you add as little as possible.

Edit to add: the spirulina does fade over time, but to a paler green, not beige as in CP soap.

maggiemarieoc

Reaction score
Update; I just had a pretty disasterous experience with M&P and cranberry powder. It turned a lovely color of grey

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I like the bb colorblocks for my m&p projects. It makes nice solid colors but if I want a more translucent color I use a little bit of food coloring.

Latest posts