Coloring for CP - Can I use my MP colors?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForTheDogs

Reaction score
I am making the transition to CP and wondered if I could use the MP colors I still have. I still have quite a few!

Is this ok, or should I look at the CP powders and clays?

A little advice on coloring CP would be great.

Thanks

You can use them, but the colors are going to morph. And not always to something pleasant.

So stick to CP powders and clays and suchlike, yeah?

Better to keep MP stuff with MP and CP with CP and never the twain shall meet? At least in a coloring sense.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Some MP colorants have things that do NOT agree with CP soaps. Mr. Lye can do strange things. Fragrances that have ethanol in them can get you "soap on a stick" . A lot of the usp (food) colors morph like Susie said too. There are a few organics that can be used with oils but none of them stick and stay true as well as the TD's , clays and micas.

Some MP colorants have things that do NOT agree with CP soaps. Mr. Lye can do strange things. Fragrances that have ethanol in them can get you "soap on a stick" . A lot of the usp (food) colors morph like Susie said too. There are a few organics that can be used with oils but none of them stick and stay true as well as the TD's , clays and micas.

Cool, thank you Steve and Susie.

I'll keep my MP and CP separate and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

:)

Back