Color percentage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was thinking about joining the soap making challenge but Im not sure how to work out the percentage for the colors. If I put one tsp of color pp would that be 100% and then say I add a 1/4 tsp of black charcoal to the main color would that be 25% or do I need to weigh out my colors on a scale. Thanks so much Im not sure I can do the challenge but I'd like to try!

@Mobjack Bay will have to verify. I made a try at this today and probably should have reread the rules because I found myself questioning my understanding too. I measured my colorants by teaspoons/fractions rather than weight. I hope this makes sense, and I hope I did it right.

It’s best to ask questions about the challenge in the challenge thread so they are seen.

@Mobjack Bay will have to verify. I made a try at this today and probably should have reread the rules because I found myself questioning my understanding too. I measured my colorants by teaspoons/fractions rather than weight. I hope this makes sense, and I hope I did it right.

It’s best to ask questions about the challenge in the challenge thread so they are seen.
Oh thank you I will ask over there! I'm hoping to work out the colors like you to by tsp.

Back