Color Morphing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BodyDew

Reaction score
I’m getting frustrated with the whole color morphing thing! I have a vision in my head - try to match colors to the scents - but then 1 or more of the colors change on me (examples: Mardi Gras came out looking more like Camo & Rainbow Sherbet actually looked more like Mardi Gras 😄)
I know this is just a fact of life in the CP world but am wondering how the longtime pros have dealt with it.
Doing a test batch with every color & fragrance would be so time consuming

I only use Nurture Soap's Micas at the moment and even some of their mica's they state will morph if temp is too hot or not enough is used. So I'm trying really hard to read all info of any mica or FO I use when I have a particular "vision" for my soap. Of course, my vision is always skewed when it comes to practical soap making.

color morphing is
When the colorant goes into soap batter the color it should be and then you un mold and cut the soap that color is completely different that it started out as or should be. I've had a beautiful red turn a light pasty orange after saponification. And bright lime greens turning light yellow.

Latest posts

Back