Color ideas for FO morphing yellow

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Reaction score
I purchased a FO that is a Love Spell "type"
It will discolor to yellow.
I am kind of sad about that because I had all of these special plans for it to have swirls of white, pink, purple- or teal, white and pink
I am not able to find the vanillin content online
Says it behaves well in CP soap
After forum search:
I have searched the forums and I am thinking doing a main color of black (adding the FO to this only).
Doing a purple and white swirl?

Anyone have other fun ideas I can do that will incorporate color, instead of black? where I can play on the yellow discoloration?

Thank you in advance!

szaza

Reaction score
How about yellow (or gold), pink and purple? I don't normally use FO's and don't know what shade of yellow they morph into, but I love the combination of yellow and purple. I guess you could also add a bit of green into the mix to get a more mysterious/magic kind of vibe.
Here's a color palette I found

And some more purple and yellow inspiration:

Millie

Reaction score
The discoloration will probably just make the colors look vintage-y, like old photographs that yellowed over time. I've had that happen in a couple soaps and rather like it. I didn't limit my color use because I wasn't expecting it.

Reaction score
The discoloration will probably just make the colors look vintage-y, like old photographs that yellowed over time. I've had that happen in a couple soaps and rather like it. I didn't limit my color use because I wasn't expecting it.
I never thought of letting the process just happen. I always have this goal in my mind of what I want, and when things don't go the way I want them to, I get frustrated. I need to just let that go and enjoy the process! Everyone else thinks things look great, I am my own worst critic. Thanks for giving me the okay to just enjoy and let things happen!

Reaction score
How about yellow (or gold), pink and purple? I don't normally use FO's and don't know what shade of yellow they morph into, but I love the combination of yellow and purple. I guess you could also add a bit of green into the mix to get a more mysterious/magic kind of vibe.
Here's a color palette I found

And some more purple and yellow inspiration:
This is a GREAT idea! The yellow can play on itself, and if the purple yellows it will blend in with the already yellow color. I might add some of that pretty teal on top. I didn't want to do black, just not my personality.
Thank you!

lucycat

Reaction score
Think how yellow affects the colors. Sometimes blues become teals; almost all greens become the olive green type. Most colors will end up being a "warm" look verses a "cool". Purple is the color I would probably hesitate. If using make sure you use enough colorant to offset that warm grayish look purples can sometimes get when the FO doesn't discolor. Personally, I like orange rather than pink and it is easier to get the orange/coral with a discoloring FO .