Cold Rebatch Castile

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I was only going for a simple castile with this one but my new wire cutter was giving me troubles, so I decided it was time for me to try cold rebatch.

Cold rebatch is more popular where I live comparing to normal crockpot method. You just grate your soap up and just let it soak in the liquid overtime. It does take longer, but it will work. After the soap shreds softened, just shape them however you like!
TB.png

As usual, you can find ther process on my Youtube.

I was only going for a simple castile with this one but my new wire cutter was giving me troubles, so I decided it was time for me to try cold rebatch.

Cold rebatch is more popular where I live comparing to normal crockpot method. You just grate your soap up and just let it soak in the liquid overtime. It does take longer, but it will work. After the soap shreds softened, just shape them however you like!
View attachment 61637
As usual, you can find ther process on my Youtube.
Make them a little rounder and you could call them New England soap balls, which are sold in some of the local shops. The advantage of the round shape is that there is less soap to make contact with the soap dish. Nice to know that it works for you!

Make them a little rounder and you could call them New England soap balls, which are sold in some of the local shops. The advantage of the round shape is that there is less soap to make contact with the soap dish. Nice to know that it works for you!
Wow I lived in New England for some years and never know that! I looked them up and they are so adorable! Now I'm tempted to make a new batch just so I can make soap balls. My friends' kids would love them.

“Cold rebatch”, you say? You could also advertise it with “Make soap dough from anything”!

And the ovoid shape is just ideal. Any bar soap will eventually converge to this shape anyway. Just that loaf-mould bar soaps tend wear down to thin slices (lose thickness quicker than base area), tend to warp/crack/break up. These “chubby” soap balls, though, just become smaller, but keep their worry stone shape until the very end.

Wow I lived in New England for some years and never know that! I looked them up and they are so adorable! Now I'm tempted to make a new batch just so I can make soap balls. My friends' kids would love them.
Go for it! @ResolvableOwl is right about the soap dough angle. You can use any favorite recipe, let it saponify under airtight conditions for several days, and give it to the kids to mold. (Or to special needs adults.) There’s a unique quality to ZNSC that makes for nice New England soap balls.

Latest posts

Back