Cold Process soap sweating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How else can can I manage the situation..
I would touch the liquid with my middle finger and rub it using my thumb. If it is indeed "water", I would gently blot with a paper towel. If it feels "oily", I would do nothing -- just give it 2 weeks to reabsorb the oil. I've seen it happen but never experienced it myself. Sometimes just leaving the soap alone to "do its thing" is the best remedy. Watch, take notes, and learn. ;)

Lovely soaps, BTW. Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

I would touch the liquid with my middle finger and rub it using my thumb. If it is indeed "water", I would gently blot with a paper towel. If it feels "oily", I would do nothing -- just give it 2 weeks to reabsorb the oil. I've seen it happen but never experienced it myself. Sometimes just leaving the soap alone to "do its thing" is the best remedy. Watch, take notes, and learn. ;)

Lovely soaps, BTW. Keep up the good work! :thumbs:
Thanks for the commendation..🙂🙂
It feels like a mixture of both water and oil it's not slimy tho..
I would dab every now and then if I notice the liquid build up....
Here's is what it looks like at the moment.

Attachments

• 16295849026438663754985808988219.jpg
    16295849026438663754985808988219.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10
Yes, I agree about the humidity. Pain in the butt it is, and I live where it's upwards of 80% all year round. It's more horrible now that it's raining daily....

I use a fan+dehumidifier combo, in a room where the AC gets turned on every now n then. Of course when the AC is on I turn off the other 2... Some soaps I have in boxes with raw rice grains surrounding them. But on some days there really isn't anything to do but keep checking them and blotting them.

Here's what happened to my salt bars when I didn't blot em for 2wks coz I was away...

I never blotted or worried about a dehumidifier. I did run a ceiling fan on them and kept them turned. Salt bars are just going to sweat in high humidity environments. It is part of the nature of the salt. In medicine we say water follows sodium. It is also true in soap. And, after all, it is going into a bathroom for use, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will cure in spite of the sweat.

Latest posts

Back