cold process soap question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome!...post some pics of them when theyre done!!!

and congrats!!!

fladais said:
whew! ok, so i just made a batch of soap. when it's time for slicing, i'll post pics.

the recipe i found made a 4 pound batch. i wish i had a recipe for a smaller batch. i'll keep looking!

:)

If you use an online calculator you can adjust your oils to make any size batch.

If they're not listed in percentages you'll first have to add up the total amount of oils (for a 4 lb batch it should be around 64 oz) and then divide the amount of each individual oil by the total amount of oils to arrive at the percentage.

So if you use 24 oz of olive oil as one of your base oils, 24 divided by 64 is .375 or (move the decimal over 2 spaces to the right) 37.5%. Do that for all your base oils, plug all the percentages and the desired size of the batch into the online calculator and it will determine the amount of each oil you'll need as well as the amount of lye and water.

So far I've found recommended amounts of EOs or FOs added at trace are generally 3% max of the total (but not figured in to the above calculations, it's additional).

Just my $.02... will stop now & go to bed! :D

~Lori

thanks for the advice, alliani. very much appreciated. ;)

that first batch just didn't look right to me but thanks to 7053joanne, i've got a much smaller recipe to try out over the weekend.

you guys are great!

i know, and it's much appreciated too. the tea offer still stands, btw.

:D

jadiebugs1 said:
Well put Alliani! Even for a newbie...newbier than me (being a newbie).

Fortunately.....I LIKE math :roll:

:lol: "Even for a newbie"? Is that like, "You play [given sport] pretty good... for a girl..."? ;)

jadiebugs1 said:
Well put Alliani! Even for a newbie...newbier than me (being a newbie).

I see we're no longer Newbies, we are now Forum Members. You've got 100 messages on me, but I bet I can catch up! :)

I caught your thread on the whole LYE EYE situation. I think since you didn't have the wherewithal to grab the video camera (what *were* you thinking! That could have been $10K on AFV!) you should link the thread to your LYE EYE sig. ;)

Glad you're ok, tho!

~Lori

Back