Cold Process Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok firstly, I am NOT abandoning HP soap making.. lol

I want to make some embeds using CP soap batter. Do I need to worry about it over heating? do I need to cover it or is out on the stainless steel table ok?

I tried to research these questions on yourtube and I can find every little detail abut using larger molds but not these questions on embeds.

I've never had individual molds gel without help so you don't have to worry about overheating. I would cover them as I've found anything made in individual molds has more of a tendency to get ash. I just wait a little bit till it's firm enough, give it a good spritz of alcohol and then cover with either plastic wrap or press and seal wrap and leave it be for a day or two until saponification is done.

I've never had individual molds gel without help so you don't have to worry about overheating. I would cover them as I've found anything made in individual molds has more of a tendency to get ash. I just wait a little bit till it's firm enough, give it a good spritz of alcohol and then cover with either plastic wrap or press and seal wrap and leave it be for a day or two until saponification is done.
I've never gotten ash on any of my mini molds... the ones I use for embeds, that is. I leave them out in the open until they're hard enough to unmold.

Latest posts

Back