Cold Process MUST HAVE soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I recently started with CP soaps, made about five batches, went on the local Craft market with bunch of other stuff I do and sold a nice amount of my soaps.
I had Charcoal/camomile, chaga/calendula, shikakai/cinamon, kaleidoscope and a gardeners one. Gardeners one sold immediately.
Of course that boosted me to do some more.
So I was wondering what are your must haves in your collection if you would be kind to share.
I was thinking to add an orange one and like goat/almond milk one. Def doing a gardeners one again.
Pics are from the Craft market with the soaps I made.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1651413585768.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651413585768.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1651413630614.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651413630614.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1651413646908.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651413646908.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 31
  • FB_IMG_1651413603522.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651413603522.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 33
Well, did an orange one today.
I used frozen carrot juice to make lye solution.
Added a bit of red clay to hopefully anchor the EOs(10x orange and anis). Mixed some dried orange peel into the batter and used dried orange slices and dried peel for decoration.
Hopefully everything will go as planned, no eruptions or discoloration 😂😰.

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_170624.jpg
    IMG_20220504_170624.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220504_170628.jpg
    IMG_20220504_170628.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 28
I always try to have a lavender or lavender heavy blend. Also a minty or eucalyptus option. Those are the two I get asked about a lot. As far as my must haves, I like earthy, patchouli, cedar, type scents/blends. Also citrus, it sells well, did you use folded orange 10X, 15X?
Yes, I used 10x folded. I dispersed bit of red clay in oil and then added EOs to it, and then I mixed it in the batter at thin trace.
Yes, I will def add lavander and was thinking to do maybe cucumber with mint scent.

went on the local Craft market with bunch of other stuff I do and sold a nice amount of my soaps.
WooHoo.gif
Good for you! Well done!

If you haven't yet tried it, ZNSC is a winner, easy to make and quick to cure. Make fragrance free or with Tea Tree EO (which seems to be popular) or Lavender EO. People are drawn to Plain Castile Soap without any fancy designs or frou frou. Think "repeat customers" that return again and again to buy more! :thumbs: ;)

Pics are from the Craft market with the soaps I made.
As others have mentioned in other threads, think about adding height to your display. This one uses crates to not only tote the product in, but set up to add height where soaps are displayed at eye level to make it easier for customers to see.

If you haven't yet tried it, ZNSC is a winner, easy to make and quick to cure.
Oh yes, will def do a castile!!
As others have mentioned in other threads, think about adding height to your display
Nice that you notice, I actually always use them, just this time I had my tinctures displayed on them, as this is what actually makes my living 😊, I brought the soaps to see how it goes, and it went well. Also I have some labels /wrapping coming up for soaps. Definitely putting attention to soaps now.
Thanks for advices!! 😘

View attachment 66600 Good for you! Well done!

If you haven't yet tried it, ZNSC is a winner, easy to make and quick to cure. Make fragrance free or with Tea Tree EO (which seems to be popular) or Lavender EO. People are drawn to Plain Castile Soap without any fancy designs or frou frou. Think "repeat customers" that return again and again to buy more! :thumbs: ;)

As others have mentioned in other threads, think about adding height to your display. This one uses crates to not only tote the product in, but set up to add height where soaps are displayed at eye level to make it easier for customers to see.
So.. I did it!!
Best recipe I have ever used in my short soaping career!!! ❤️❤️❤️
I have a really lousy camera so won't bother with photos.
Thank you so much for sharing.Really appreciate it!!
I did 5% and 10% castor and coconut. No scent.
The soap is sooooo smooooth.

Back