Cold Process Liquid Soap Recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
potassium liquid soap - cold method?

I'm searching and reading and can't find a recipe for a potassium hydroxide liquid soap that's made using cold method. The links quoted don't work any more... The liquid laundry soap that seemed so promising (http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=4479&page=15), turned out to be a sodium based soap... Are there any potassium cold process recipes?

Thanks
Lidia

I'm searching and reading and can't find a recipe for a potassium hydroxide liquid soap that's made using cold method. The links quoted don't work any more... The liquid laundry soap that seemed so promising (http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=4479&page=15), turned out to be a sodium based soap... Are there any potassium cold process recipes?

Thanks
Lidia

Welcome!

I think your best bet would be making a post in the Liquid Soap section - there are some amazing soapers there when it comes to LS. Many are also here in the CP section, but you'll get a much more comprehensive answer there.

Thanks
Lidia

What kind of liquid soap are you trying to make? Hand washing soap, dish washing soap, laundry soap...? The recipes will vary. There are many different recipes that can be made using CP, just the method really varies.

I am going to post my CP laundry soap recipe over in the liquid soap section just to get you started. I am more than willing to give you my other recipes also(I don't sell my soap, so I am not worried about competition.), but you need to tell me what you need. Also, my recipes are not the only ones that will work with CP. Other's recipes will work fine, also, and there are many already in the Liquid and Cream Soap forum, it is just that they are spread out among many threads, so they are difficult to locate.

Last edited:
lidia, I agree, you may want to post your question over in the liquid soap section rather than replying to a thread that is 5 years old.

Hope you find your answers!

Thank you!

Thank you all for responses. I was simply using forum's search looking for potassium liquid soap recipes, didn't come across the LS forum... I'm following the links and already found the first recipe! :)

So glad to see it's possible. No cooking for me!

Btw, I'm mostly interested in LS for laundry.

Lidia

Having written some longer articles to post on SMF, I totally get that, Susie. I come up for air after putting the finishing touches on a post and see that 2-3 hours have passed. Def more than enough time to make a batch of LS AND clean up AND play around with a bit of the paste AND coax my patient husband to enter my soapmaking lair (aka kitchen) to admire. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial with us!

Back