Cold Process Liquid Soap Recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
I've looked high and low but can't seem to find any CP recipes for liquid soap. My problem is that my mixing tank probably won't be able to mix the soap once it's become paste, so hot process will be difficult. Clarity isn't really a concern, and I don't want to use alcohol.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you.

Hi , Do you have a copy of the soapmakers companion ? There are some recipes in there I think for what you are looking for no alcohol but you have to heat to 180 . So maybe not what you are looking for .If you don't have the book pm me. You are very inventive though I would bet you could find a way to make it work.

Kitn

I have seen cold process liquid soap recipes before, I am sorry but I can't remember where. All I remember is let them sit at least 3 weeks to let the lye do its job. Faliors book is a good one. I make lots of clear liquid soaps and never use any alcohol. I switched to using a crockpot a few months ago and love it. I will not go back to cooking on the stove again. I just take the lid off and stir often.

Bruce

I have seen cold process liquid soap recipes before, I am sorry but I can't remember where. All I remember is let them sit at least 3 weeks to let the lye do its job. Faliors book is a good one. I make lots of clear liquid soaps and never use any alcohol. I switched to using a crockpot a few months ago and love it. I will not go back to cooking on the stove again. I just take the lid off and stir often.

Yay, you just answered my question. I have the Failor book and I have a crocvk pot, but no double boiler and was wondering if I could use the crock pot instead. So, here we come, liquid soap in the slow cooker.

I made liquid soap recipe #2 in the soapmakers companion , added a small amount of borax and it is clearing up .It is fantastic hand soap , I changed up the recipe so it wasn't mostly CO.I used CO,PKO, OO and castor and it worked very well.

Kitn

gekko62 said:
Here you go...hope that helps

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5223

It's for liquid cp laundry soap.Have yet to try it,but has to be better than going thru liquid soap rigmarole just to bung it in the washingmachine!
Probably have the snotty consistency but don't think my WM will give a hoot...:)

This is a great recipe mine is just about ready I used shortening and pko and it looks great. No snotty consistency at all this is very different than shredding the soap etc. It's very easy to do :)

lovethyscent said:
gekko62 said:
Here you go...hope that helps

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5223

It's for liquid cp laundry soap.Have yet to try it,but has to be better than going thru liquid soap rigmarole just to bung it in the washingmachine!
Probably have the snotty consistency but don't think my WM will give a hoot...:)

This is a great recipe mine is just about ready I used shortening and pko and it looks great. No snotty consistency at all this is very different than shredding the soap etc. It's very easy to do :)

Thats great to hear :)

My liquid KOH laundry soap turned out really nicely,considering it was my 1st,& I haven't read Failor(!!)but it is rather a drama,& perhaps the effort's better spent when it's for B&B products....good to know theres a decent alternative for the laundry :D :D

Wait I'm sorry I meant I used all shortening lol. I was talking about my laundry bars that had shortening & pko. My laundry liquid soap is like a gravy consistency so it's really nice. I didn't have quite enough orange oil for it so I'm waiting on more then I'll test it. What did you use for your laundry soap using koh all coconut?

Kitn said:
I made liquid soap recipe #2 in the soapmakers companion , added a small amount of borax and it is clearing up .It is fantastic hand soap , I changed up the recipe so it wasn't mostly CO.I used CO,PKO, OO and castor and it worked very well.

Kitn

Heya

I don't have the soapmakers companion. would you mind sending me that one recipe ?

Cheers
Sabine

You made me do it Kitn... I just ordered Soapmakers Companion :D

For anyone else thinking about getting it, it was $16.88 including 3 day shipping from Amazon.

lovethyscent said:
What did you use for your laundry soap using koh all coconut?

Yeah,all coconut.Added 1/4 cup borax,1/4 cup washing soda per pound paste ,& some sweet orange eo cos I didn't have 10x. 1/2cup per load

gekko62 said:
lovethyscent said:
What did you use for your laundry soap using koh all coconut?

Yeah,all coconut.Added 1/4 cup borax,1/4 cup washing soda per pound paste ,& some sweet orange eo cos I didn't have 10x. 1/2cup per load

Awesome I'll have to try that next :) Thanks!

donniej said:

For anyone else thinking about getting it, it was $16.88 including 3 day shipping from Amazon.

There ya go , it is a good reference book for sure .. :D

I am trying an experiment with some of the paste . It takes quite awhile to get the paste and water mixed together on the stove so , I took 1 cup of paste and added some water to see if it will thin without the heat and it is .I just give it a stir now and then .
Kitn

Kitn said:
donniej said:

There ya go , it is a good reference book for sure .. :D

Yup!!! That's the one that started my obsession with soap!

Back