COG- All the little things

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
Ok, guys. I have a pretty good grasp of what my per bar cost is, but I am still a little stumped about how you cost the little "I'm not really going to measure that..." kind of items. You know, like micas, dyes, tussah silk, disposable tools, etc that you use often but maybe don't use the same quantity on for each batch. Do you add those costs to overhead/marketing/fees, etc and add a per bar "bump" in price? Do you estimate how much is used and figure the price based on a realistic guesstimate? What do you guys do?

Do you estimate how much is used and figure the price based on a realistic guesstimate?
This is what I do for un-measurable's.

I should have added, I don't really put "tools" etc., into the cost of the bar of soap, as that comes out of a separate bucket of overhead.
I mean, ultimately, yes, it will come from the profit you glean from selling, but not necessarily as part of the cost of making the soap, but more as part of the pricing of the bar (if that makes sense)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back