Coffee Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jencat

Reaction score
This is the coffee soap we made from a recipe from Soap Making Resource. It is only our second soap, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. We had tapped the molds, so I'm not sure why there are bubbles. I think the batter was starting to thicken up. I think we're going to get wooden boxes for the molds (RED silicone molds from ED) so we can get a full gel. We insulated them with towels, but you can see that they didn't gel fully. We've been using the soap ends and they are great, even without being fully cured.

coffee soap loaf.jpg

coffee soap cut.jpg

They look very nice! Did you use Coffee FO or Coffee Butter? I have about a pound of coffee butter but don't know what I want to make with it yet....

This is the recipe I used:

The coffee EO stayed really well in the soap.

Looks great! You may have gone a bit heavy on the spice EO's (skin irritation), but you'll just have to try it and see. Coffee soap is pretty awesome.

DH and I both have sensitive skin and haven't had any problems with the soap, even when using it on more sensitive parts. We gave some as gifts, but recommended waiting until 1/26 to use them to give them a full cure. Hopefully we'll get some feedback in a couple of weeks. Based on our use, it is a recipe I'd definitely use again. Lathers nicely and not drying at all. Since everyone is different, I'm looking forward to seeing what others think.

Latest posts

Back