Coffee soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimitris

Reaction score
This seems to have become my trademark between my female friends and extended family. They seem to be flying off my shelves, I have even had some cousins fight over a bar! Seems it's helping with cellulite, due to the caffeine and the scrub of the ground coffee.

Anyway, here it is:
coffee%2520soap.jpg

2013-08-01%252012.15.15.jpg

2013-08-01%252012.15.17.jpg

There's also a twist! The top side has ground coffee and the bottom has menthol. So each side has it's own character.

Oh that's very pretty! One of these times I need to do something with flakes, grounds, etc. I really like the look of it.

And caffeine for cellulite? I'm def. making super strength espresso bars for my booty!

the top of you soap in the box mold is truly lovely! and your cut soapies are wonderful! clever idea of two fragrance layers, too. very nicely done!

Do u use regular coffee or instant? Since I'm not a coffee drinker I used instant.... Too cheap to even buy the brewed stuff from the convenience store and bring it home to boil it down lol

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I use filter coffee usually, not instant. Sometimes I have also used espresso too, but filter works fine.
For this one, I have used vanilla flavour coffee and some scent is left in the soap!

Love them both! I made some turkish coffee soap with my niece a couple of weeks ago and used brewed coffee for my water and it didn't come out near as nice as either of these two soaps! The swirls in the slab are gorgeous! and mixing the 2 scents is such a great idea. Savvynurse - did you color yours or is that beautiful dark brown from the instant coffee or FO?

Kazmi, the chocolate brown actually comes from a bar of bakers semisweet chocolate. I've had some left offer from Christmas and have been incorporating them into both my coffee soaps and brownie soaps. Leaves a faint chocolate smell to them.

Thanks! I noted that on my recipe so I remember to try some chocolate with my next coffee soap.

Wow! Don't know how I missed this earlier, very pretty. What do you use to make such nice swirl designs?

Olive.... This soap I just raised the lighter colored soap to a higher level and poured it into the mold. Nothing fancy

I've only used water in my coffee soaps and added ground coffee before trace. How does the lye react with actual coffee compared to water?

Back