Coffee Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edco76

Reaction score
My wife is after me to make a coffee soap. I have seen a ton of different ways to do it but my question is this. How strong will the scent be if I don't use a coffee fragrance? If I just use coffee as liquid and some grounds at trace, will it smell like coffee? Or will I just have ugly brown soap?

Ohh! Finally a question I know the answer to! At least I think! ;) I make my coffee soap a lot without additional fragrance. I just make very stout brewed coffee and use that, and grinds in the soap. It doesn't smell strongly like coffee but it definitely has an odor. It's very clean smelling. Sometimes I used flavored coffees (vanilla, hazelnut, etc) and that seems to add to the smell. I also don't think it's ugly at all, it's very dark and grainy. My husband loves it to wash grime off after work (he works construction) Good luck! I think you'll really like the results regardless of whether you add fo or not!

Thanks! What I meant by it being ugly was just that ideally if it wasnt going to smell like coffee I would rather it not be brown. I don't want to be like "hey check out this coffee soap I made" and it not smell like coffee.

I have a Cappuccino Brulee from someone that is a really good coffee smell with the just right amount of sweetness. I take coffee grindings and sprinkle on top only for this scent. I put my lighter coloured top to simulate a cream or frothy top.

Paul...:) :wink:

How would you make a coffee soap using Melt and Pour? That's all I'm making right now, and all I have access to at the local stores. I would think it wouldn't set right if you put liquid coffee in MP, and I'm not sure the coffee grounds would scent it enough.

Monica

Using melt & pour, I use a coffee fragrance oil, but I also brew a strong pot of coffee and and add to it for color. Thing is...adding coffee to M&P also adds water which makes a really soft soap...so it takes much longer to dry out.

Back