Coffee Soap Teaser

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy8

Reaction score
Well as some of you may know, I have made my first somewhat real batch of soap. The soap I made is a coffee soap, which turned out great. It looks good enough to eat, literally, I gave it to my dad and hadn't told him it was soap yet and he tried to take a little tiny piece of it to eat it. I also had my oldest stepson use it in the shower once and warned him that it is very abrasive.

The only reason I had him try it was because he was caked in who knows what. His arms were completely black and he couldn't scrape it off with his finger nail even. He said he'd been working on exhaust all day. Well he looked it. So he said he will give my coffee soap a whirl and came back up to show me. His arms were sparkling clean. He said that he only had to use his old spice stuff to do his hands and get between his fingers, but that his arms were all done with coffee soap. Then asked "Is it OK if I keep that bar down in my shower?"

I think that recipe is a keeper. I think the only things I will try different are...
* Do a triple or quadruple brew (I did double for this one)
* Use the ground coffee that is in the coffee filter and not fresh ground coffee from the bag. My theory on this is that after being brewed 3-4 times, the coffee grounds in the filter may be a little softer approach.

So here is the teaser part. I got some nice pictures I took and I was going to post them this morning, but then at the last second my wife decided that she had to do something with MY camera today...lol Good thing I love her so much. So I will post pics tonight for you all to see.

Last edited:
Well here are a couple pics for you guys. I dont think the pics turned out to shabby either. :)
DSC01449_zps65f2b247.jpg

And a close up.
DSC01448_zps81c8792b.jpg

Hope you all enjoy

:grin: hey, look at you! you're making soapies, and a very nice job of it, too! did you scent it, or leave it natural? well done!

I find the espresso grind, or a finer grind than regular is very nice, too...I like how you staged your pics...so, what's next on the list?

:grin: hey, look at you! you're making soapies, and a very nice job of it, too! did you scent it, or leave it natural? well done!

I find the espresso grind, or a finer grind than regular is very nice, too...I like how you staged your pics...so, what's next on the list?

I did not scent these at all. They are completely natural. I wasn't sure if the coffee scent (french vanilla) would come through or not. I would say the scent of the coffee may have come through but only in the most subtle of ways.

I will have to keep the espresso thing in mind and try that out on my next batch. Next on the list will eventually be my Armani code soap and my shaving cream.

Thank you all very much.

Those look really nice. I want to make some now! You staging is really pretty as well.

Thank you all very much for the comments. I cant wait to make more of this soap and more soap in general. I feel my next bar is going to be very cool. Assuming all goes as planned. ;) Famous last words right? lol They will look a little more designer and even be using the "Armani Code" FO and thats the part that I really hope comes through. :)

Thank you very much. In addition to some other experiments I want to do with this recipe, I think I might use a coffee FO and see how that turns out. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Soap Making mobile app

Awesome job! not only on the soap but the nice staging for your pics. You have a good marketing eye.

I have to say that's the first time I have ever heard that. Thank you very much for the compliment.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Soap Making mobile app

That exhaust is pretty hard to get off too! Our family business is a muffler shop. All raised in a muffler shop during summer breaks, having black stripes across our faces isn't a surprise. :) I've been doing soap for 2 days now, and coffee scrub bars were the firs ones I thought of. :p

P!

Thank you all very much for the continued compliments. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Back