Coffee Soap and scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovesoap

Reaction score
Is it possible to get coffee soap to smell like coffee without Coffee FO or Coffee absolute? Does anyone get good coffee scent using just the coffee?

I wish it were possible, but no. My unscented coffee soaps lose their natural scent within a few weeks of curing.

IrishLass

Mine too, but I got the fresh brewed coffee from WSP. OOB it was not so great. However, I went ahead and tested it. Once it was cured it was a very pleasing coffee scent. Not too strong and no cream/sugar - just plain coffee. I like it.

Thanks, today I tried making a double strength batch of coffee. The color is very nice - don't know about scent. I just hope that the color doesn't bleed. I layered it so that it has a latte top on it so we'll see how it comes out. The previous try came out nice as far as the layering. The bottom coffee layer was not as dark as I wanted and there was no coffee scent at all.

Re: Coffee Scent

soaper1218 said:
I have had a little success using finely ground expresso instead of coffee. I also use expresso to replace part of my water. Not the nicest looking soap but makes a great layer in a layered soap bar.

Steve
www.colebrothers.com/articles/soap.html

I use finely ground espresso in mine, too, pouring it into my still fairly hot lye so that the lye 'brews' it into coffee and keeping the leftover grounds in my soap as scrubbies. It smells faintly of coffee for a week or two into cure, and then the smell totally disappears on me. Does your stick around for longer?

IrishLass :)

Back