Coffee Scrub Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a second go and I am much happier this time. I added titanium dioxide to make the white portion sharper.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438771737.915065.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438771750.888649.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438771761.193296.jpg

Great looking bars, the pic of the top is just too much! Now I need to go fix myself some coffee and then I need to make coffee soap, PRETTY SOON! Does the coffee smell last in the soap?

Ooooo lovely! I like them both..looks like latte to me too.

These are scented with rosemary and patchouli so it overpowers the coffee smell anyway so I'm not sure whether it would stick. Coffee is great for getting rid of odours on your hands though. When I forget my boxing gloves at the gym and have to use the disgusting communal ones, it is the only thing that I found to fully get rid of the stench. (Was that too much information?)

Love how v2 of the coffee soap turned out! Now I'm sufficiently inspired to make a batch so I can try out my new gear ties. No worries about the communal boxing gloves tidbit . . . I could make a similar comment about how grody my hands get after playing at the barn and grooming horses ;-)

look like a cookie yummy :)

View attachment 14207

A bit disappointed with the insides. Having not done a hanger swirl before I thought it would look cleaner and I think I needed more distinction between the different shades of soap. Do you think it would have looked better with a thinner hanger than a gear tie? I'm also wondering whether I needed the batter to be more or less fluid while swirling. It was about medium trace. I will clean them up and remove the ash when they have hardened up more and see how they look then.

Back