Coffee grounds will they lessen the shelf life?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Im wanting to make an agressive soap with coffee and use the grounds also as an Exfoliate. Will the grinds (used or unused?) cause a mold to grow over time, will it reduce the shelf life of the soap. And which grinds have you used in soap (used or unsed or both)?
thanks in anticipation of your responce.. I really like this place.

If I eyeball every available plastic package and shape in a grocery store to be a posible soap shape mold, am I becoming a soaper?

I use unused coffee grounds in my mechanic's m&p soap. No issues yet.

I can't stand coffee, even the scent of it, so no used grounds here :)

YUP!!! you addict! I went grocery shopping today and i BOT PRINGLES :eek: :eek: JUST SO I COULD USE THE CAN!! :D :D :D

LOL.. I went shoping with my Wife today...I brought home EO.. Rosemary, lavender..lavender buds ,mold making materials. silica... In fact everything I bought was for soap... I THINK I"M Hooked! Oh yea I spilled some Patchoili on my hand...Man I smell good but WOW that stuf is strong. I havent really made any true fancy soaps like you guys make....Yet, But I'm gather supplies.

Thanks for the welcome evrybody. Any Coffee advice will be highly appreciated.

Kat said:
YUP!!! you addict! I went grocery shopping today and i BOT PRINGLES :eek: :eek: JUST SO I COULD USE THE CAN!! :D :D :D

LOL! As did I, and I HATE Pringles!

I also want to buy a TON of silicon ice cube moulds from Ikea for sample soaps.

Back