Coffee farm photos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janzo

Reaction score
Not sure if there will be much interest but thought I would show you some photos of where I live....on a coffee farm. They show coffee trees under irrigation, coffee tree about to blossom and one in full flower. The flowers have a lovely sweet fragrance. Will post more photos once the cherries (coffee beans) have come, when the flowers fall off the cherries then form . This is also my route for cycling and walking every day with Pixie my little dog.

1443194394625.jpg

1443194413356.jpg

1443194428947.jpg

1443194458086.jpg

1443194480976.jpg

WOW! So that's how a coffee bean grows! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos of the growth process. In what part of the world do you live, Janzo? I might be drinking your beans every morning!

Fantastic, please post more pictures. We coffee drinkers would like to see how it is growth and made :)) beautiful

Oh! I didnt realize that coffee plants had such pretty flowers! What do they smell like?
That is a beautiful place, I am jealous :)

Thank you for all your kind comments. I am located in a very small farming area in the north of Zambia in a place called Kasama. It's unlikely that you will be drinking the coffee yet as its new trees that are just starting to produce a crop, the Japanese have bought a percentage of it, I did not realise they were such avid coffee drinkers always associated them with tea, but apparently that's more for ceremonies than every day. Ironically I don't drink coffee!!!

Your pictures remind me of the movie, Out of Africa. "I had a farm in Africa...", Karen Blixen and her coffee plantation. Not so terribly far from you. Your photos are lovely. What a beautiful place to stroll or ride a bike.

What gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to see more! I would sooooo love to live on a coffee farm!

What does it smell like? The flowers, the beans? How are they different?

How are they harvested? I have to stop with the questions, I have a million. I would totally interview you and become obnoxious.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!

Thank you for all your kind comments. I am located in a very small farming area in the north of Zambia in a place called Kasama. It's unlikely that you will be drinking the coffee yet as its new trees that are just starting to produce a crop, the Japanese have bought a percentage of it, I did not realise they were such avid coffee drinkers always associated them with tea, but apparently that's more for ceremonies than every day. Ironically I don't drink coffee!!!
Zambia and Kasama what a beautiful places. Maybe more pics, I had actually not seen how the fruit looks ;))

Thank you for posting, what a beautiful place to live! I'm always interested in where people live and finding out more about their lives. :)

I'll join in with everyone else. Those are some beautiful pictures! I look forward to seeing more. Thank you for posting them.

What a beautiful place and nice of you to share. I was able to visit a small coffee farm once, and was surprised at how sweet the coffee cherries are.

Back