Coffee essential oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHomeSoapCo

Reaction score
So i know coffee eo is insanely expensive. But has anyone used it in CP? In my large batches of soap, i have calculated that i spend about $20 at the most on essential oils. So in theory, i can afford to buy the coffee eo if i still only use about $20 worth. But my question is, is it a strong oil similar to clove? Can i use a smaller % and still get a great coffee smell?

For example, in a batch of 125oz oils, i normally use 5-6oz of eo's.

Can i use 2oz of coffee eo and it still smell nice? Or will it be too weak to be worth it?

Last edited:
Thanks DeeAnna. I've searched and searched. All experiments have been with coffee liquid, oil and grounds. No luck finding results on the essential oil. I'd hate to buy it if i need to use full strength eo ratio. :(

But i did go ahead and comment on that thread to see if there have been any updates.

I am wanting to make a cinnamon coffee bar using essential oils. Have you tried the coffee? I found the essential oil for the lowest price at bulkapothecary.com. Hope it works! I don't want to use fragrance oil...

I am wanting to make a cinnamon coffee bar using essential oils. Have you tried the coffee? I found the essential oil for the lowest price at bulkapothecary.com. Hope it works! I don't want to use fragrance oil...

I haven't tried it yet! Let me know if you do. That's where i was going to buy it too

If you look at the description, it is the same as that of Bulk Apothecary. They do carry the CO2 extract. I checked Bulk Apothecary and you are right, they are cheaper.

Oh ok, ya i thought it looked the same. I ended up finding it even cheaper at New Directions Aromatics. Only $126 for 16oz compared to $168 at Bulk!

Back