Coffee Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried this yet, but I am going to. It sounds fantastic and coffee butter is soooo expensive at the suppliers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXqqzgNULw[/ame]

Thank you for sharing this video. I am going to give it a try..( great music too)

I found out about this from watching a YouTube video of Bonnie from Good Earth Spa. She was thanking the lady who made the tutuorial for the butter. It looks like a whipped body butter to me. If you wanted to use it as a hard butter to add to lotions, I don't think you would need to whip it so much, maybe a little after combining oils. I will let you know how mine turns out. It takes a couple of weeks to infuse the oil so it may be a while.

That looks wonderful .... I'm assuming we can use just the infused oil for soaping too.... Coffee soap with a ExTRa ExTRa kick

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

wow...my bf LOVES coffee. this will be a great body butter or lip balm for him!

thanks for the post!

Would love to know if this would work in CP. I suspect the lye would kill it but maybe HP with the concentrated coffee oil as SF after cook would work.

Sounds like a great idea for lip balm or other leave on products. Thanks so much for sharing.

I feel like I'm missing something. The directions keep saying to save the coffee grounds, but never mentions what to do with them. Maybe I just didn't watch closely enough.

I feel like I'm missing something. The directions keep saying to save the coffee grounds, but never mentions what to do with them. Maybe I just didn't watch closely enough.

I read the blog b/c I found the video seems to be missing some steps, and the blog has more details. the grounds were used to make a body scrub.

i'm also curious about using this in CP soap...maybe I should make some and try it out.....

This technique really works well. I use it for lip balms and solid lotions, love the stuff. Her technique is pretty messy though. I put my coffee in an organza bag instead, and let it infuse for a few weeks. Less mess and works well. Been meaning to try cheesecloth to see if I get a thicker infusion...

I read the blog b/c I found the video seems to be missing some steps, and the blog has more details. the grounds were used to make a body scrub.

i'm also curious about using this in CP soap...maybe I should make some and try it out.....

Thank you! I thought I just wasn't paying enough attention!

I promised an update on the coffee butter. Here is a picture of the finished product. I only ended up with 2.5 oz of strained oil from a pint of grounds and oil. I didn't use her recipe for butter, instead I whipped 7 oz of room temperature shea butter, 2.5 oz of coffee infused oil, 1 tsp. tapicoca starch, .1 oz peppermint e.o. and .05 oz Phenonip until all was light and fluffy. I ended up with two jars .

Latest posts

Back