Coffee butter - without soybean?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I can't find Coffea Arabica Seed Oil for sale by itself - unless this is the same thing as coffee bean essential oil? I don't want to buy coffee butter b/c the other ingredient is shortening. I wouldn't mind buying coffee butter if it was made with something else - a solid oil like shea butter, coconut, etc or even a liquid oil like avocado or sweet almond. I do not care for soybean oil/shortening as in ingredient. Anybody know of a vendor who has something like this?

For what it's worth, Bulk Apothecary sells cold-pressed Arabica coffee essential oil: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/product/essential-oils/pure-therapeutic-grade/coffee-essential-oil/ It says it's extracted from the seeds of Arabica coffee.

Also- I have a recipe on hand for a DIY version that I found on the net (I haven't tried doing it yet, though):

Coffee Infused Oil (cold infusion method):

-Equal parts of oil and ground coffee

In a jar, combine all ingredients. Put the lid on and shake well. Store for 1-2 weeks or up to a month, shaking every day or two. At the end of two weeks, strain through a cheesecloth or coffee filter.

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
Back