Coffee and Cocoa CP soap project

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

christost7

Reaction score
Hi, this is my latest project. It was cut 2 days ago. Really happy with the result. No colorants used except a pinch of TO for the "frosting" of the top, smells great from Cappuccino FO.
Feedback most welcome!

coffee1.jpg

coffee2.jpg

coffee3.jpg

coffee4.jpg

Last edited:

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Love the soap. That looks like one fat cat.:)

Ivanstein

Reaction score
Something just ain't right about getting hungry for coffee cake when looking at a bar of soap!

Great job and nice looking soap there!

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is it wrong to want to poke the squishy kitty and see if he giggles like the Pillsbury dough boy?

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OoooOH, fat kitty! CUTE!!! Is he a persian? I can't tell really. And you soap is pretty too. :mrgreen:

christost7

Reaction score
Thank you everybody!
The cat is Exotic Shorthair (cross breed between Persian and British Shorthair) and he looks fat but he is not really :)
Most of him is just fur :mrgreen:

CTAnton

Reaction score
what I like in that soap is the darker outer band...right where it came into contact with the mold...

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I am certain the whole bar will turn darker like the "rind" around the edges. The color won't stay lighter in the center like it is right now. FO's with vanillin will do that, but I've had others with no vanillin that also discolor like that.

PS: My Sundance looked a lot like your cat. But Sunny WAS a fat cat. ;) He's the one playing peekaboo in the photo....

3brothers.jpg

Last edited:

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what I like in that soap is the darker outer band...right where it came into contact with the mold...
It was not contact with the mold that did that - it is the place where O2 got to it first. You can see in one of the pics that the face of cut side has darkened.

christost7

Reaction score
Correct.
The scented portion of the bars is now a uniform dark brown, courtesy of the high vanillin content of the FO.

Latest posts