Cocorange

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm pleased with this so far! I used a cocoa butter and supposedly the scent survives saponification. Also scented with benzoin resinoid and orange 10X. First time I used sugar, hoping for bubbles since I used 30% cocoa butter. The line is baking cocoa. You see I'm still on an alternating wall pour kick -- really simple but elegant results. The color is from 5% red palm oil. No colorants meant minimal dishes, so yay!
My SIL bought a bunch of lotion bars to give as gifts. One of her recipients liked my 'cocorange' lotion bar and asked for a soap that smelled the same. @HowieRoll gets the credit for the cocoa butter and benzoin.
20210404_141156.jpg20210404_141937.jpg20210404_141941.jpg

Attachments

• 20210404_141146.jpg
    20210404_141146.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 20
Looks amazing!

If you ever have a moment to pause halfway through and take a picture, I'd love to see how much powder to use to get those well-defined lines :)

Looks amazing!

If you ever have a moment to pause halfway through and take a picture, I'd love to see how much powder to use to get those well-defined lines :)
LOL! I will try to remember to take a photo mid-session. Every time I soap, I can't help but think of the YouTubers with their neat counters and perfect everything -- my counter is full of spilled micas and batter splotches! I sprinkle just enough so that I can't see the soap. I used to be paranoid that that would be too thick of a line and cause the layers not to bond -- but it actually is just the right amount.

I absolutely love these soaps!! And I am a big fan of benzoin LOL. I used to have a bottle of it...very sticky. And we used to use it at the hospital for its disinfecting and stickiness. I haven't seen it at the hospital in a while. I dunno why...but every time we needed it I would take a big whiff out of the bottle as I was handing it to the doctor LOL

I didn't know that it could be used in soap...

Well done, again I love these soaps. Very purdy....

Awesome soaps! I got some benzoin and have been meaning to use it in soap and lip balm. I'm inspired!

We SOOO need e-smell! It would be so great to be able to smell that soap!

Every time I soap, I can't help but think of the YouTubers with their neat counters and perfect everything -- my counter is full of spilled micas and batter splotches!
Zing, I think the same thing! All those tidy YouTube counters...and then there is mine... :rolleyes::)

I'm pleased with this so far! I used a cocoa butter and supposedly the scent survives saponification. Also scented with benzoin resinoid and orange 10X. First time I used sugar, hoping for bubbles since I used 30% cocoa butter. The line is baking cocoa. You see I'm still on an alternating wall pour kick -- really simple but elegant results. The color is from 5% red palm oil. No colorants meant minimal dishes, so yay!
My SIL bought a bunch of lotion bars to give as gifts. One of her recipients liked my 'cocorange' lotion bar and asked for a soap that smelled the same. @HowieRoll gets the credit for the cocoa butter and benzoin.
View attachment 55802View attachment 55803View attachment 55804
Thank you Zing! I love your soap! I was given a bottle of benzoin resinoid from a friend along with some other EOs - I think Mt Sage ? Mt Rose? And I wasn’t sure how to use it. I looked it up and thought I read it wasn’t safe? But I’ve looked more since your post and appreciate you sharing. I’m going to try !!

Your soaps are beautiful, Zing! And my fingers are crossed the cocoa scent lasts satisfactorily for you. I recently realized it has been a couple of years since I'd last purchased cocoa butter (from NDA) so hope it's still as potent as it used to be. Please keep us posted!

Back