Coconut wax - thoughts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I would love to find a really natural coconutty-smelling coconut wax. Is this even a thing? I love the smell of virgin coconut oil and I'd love to make a lip balm and a lotion bar that smells that way. But I can't get them firm enough! I tried carnuba wax - harder than beeswax - but it has this harsh sort of chemically smell/taste. I think coconut wax - or hydrogenated coconut - might be my answer IF it still smells coconutty!

I have coco wax 83. It’s mixed with mysterious proprietary additives, but many speculate that they’re soy based. Smells greasy, not coconutty.
I don’t know what if there is a pure wax; doubtful because this stuff is so soft.

Have you tried candelilla wax? Its also harder then beeswax. I didn't notice any scent, not sure about taste.

Swiftcraftymonkey has several detailed posts on lotion bars made with rice bran wax, recently on her blog. I can't remember if she mentioned what it smells like though, but that's another option for you. I'm looking into it myself.

Latest posts

Back