Coconut Pie Cream FO from WSP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
Does anyone else have that fragrance from WSP and experience any probs with it? Maybe the word 'problems' is too harsh.. but I've used it now today in my 2nd bar and for some reason I cannot smell anything coconutty? :cry: I followed the rule of thumb to use 6 drops per oz of soap, so since my molds that I used are 3 #, I did exactly 18 drops.
I didn't want to overdo it.. but already before pouring I couldn't really smell anything.. (With my other soaps and FOs [also from WSP] I had no probs at all..)

Now that the soap is dry, there's nothing. :?
Can I re-melt it and just add more coconut fragrance or would the heat destroy the FO that is already in the soap???
Should I add another FO (I also have Papaya Mango) to kind of 'spice' it up a bit more tropically?

It's especially a bummer since it's one of the soaps for my very first official customer (woohoo :D ) and I really want all of the soaps to be perfect, naturally! :wink:

Oh, in case it's important to know, I used a Shea butter base.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me out!
Thank you! :D

wow, well maybe its just the scent. its hard to find a good coconut. I gave up awhile ago.. my kids were happy I did because they didnt like the FO :roll:
Anyway, yes it will burn a bit off if you heat it up, but hey just experiment and add more and see what happens.. that is the joy of soapmaking!

I don't know about their Coconut FO, but man can I give a 3 thumbs up for Tradewinds Coconut. It is unlike any coconut I have ever smelled and BOY does it stick at .8 PPO!!! I soaped it a year ago and since then too, but pulled out a bar that is at least 12 to 13 months old and it smells as good as the week I made it. I have Paige Sasser's Caribbean Coconut and it is also coconuty, but not as much as I love Tradewinds!

Paul.... :wink:

Smellit..,
thanks for your input. I guess I'll just re-heat it then, add some papaya-mango and hopefully it'll turn out into something more tropical! ;)

Hey Paul,
could you please give me the link to this site??? :)
Thanks!!!

FitMommyOf2 said:
Smellit..,
thanks for your input. I guess I'll just re-heat it then, add some papaya-mango and hopefully it'll turn out into something more tropical! ;)

Hey Paul,
could you please give me the link to this site??? :)
Thanks!!!

Here you go! Not only to Tradewinds, but right to that lovely Coconut Scent of theirs!

http://tradewinds.mainsecure.net/shop/i ... 15f72fdf9c

Paul.... :wink:

Back