Coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me in regard to coconut oil. When I buy it just says coconut oil, but on soap calculator it says coconut oil 76 deg Coconut oil 92 deg or fractionated. So I don’t know which one to choose when using the calculator - well I have used fractionated so far! Thank you

Most coconut oil sold in the US is 76 degree, and the containers are labeled. Not sure if it is the same in the UK? Fractionated CO stays liquid all the time, and should say "fractionated" on the label.

Most coconut oil sold in the US is 76 degree, and the containers are labeled. Not sure if it is the same in the UK? Fractionated CO stays liquid all the time, and should say "fractionated" on the label.
Thanks for that, here in the U.K. I haven’t noticed anything written on the bags I buy - just refined coconut oil or organic.
Now I know I am definitely using the wrong one on the the calculator as my coconut oil definitely isn’t liquid! So that’s a great help. Thanks again! 😊

Back