Coconut oil - where buy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarinaB

Reaction score
Dear soap making community!
Where is the best and cheapest to order 76 Coconut oil? 35 lbs of coconut oil with delivery from BB costs 100$. Is it possible to get cheaper coconut oil somewhere? Please, share information if you know!

Some places to check are Costco, Big Lots, and Walmart. By signing up for the Big Lots website coupon, and then ordering online for in-person pickup, their price is usually lowest for me.

Some people have luck at local restaurant supply stores.The ones near me don’t carry it in stock, and their price to order it is pretty high. But it might be worth checking in your area.

Dear soap making community!
Where is the best and cheapest to order 76 Coconut oil? 35 lbs of coconut oil with delivery from BB costs 100$. Is it possible to get cheaper coconut oil somewhere? Please, share information if you know!
I bought a 50lb bucket from Soapers Choice. It ended up costing $95 with the shipping. In all my research it was the best price I could find. I envy anyone who lives close enough to pick up from that place. :p

I get mine from Jedwards because I can pick up from them (when not in pandemic mode). I don’t know if it’s the most cost effective but I absolutely love the quality of their products.

Costco. It's pretty much the same price as BrambleBerry, but without the added shipping cost since Costco is only 2 miles from my house. I also purchase my Olive Oil and Avocado Oil from them.

And I just found a local supplier about a half hour from my work for my other ingredients, but their business hours are the same as mine so I will either have to go to work early or stay late to make up the time lost or factor the time into my costs. I will be purchasing from them for the first time come Monday. Usually I purchase a minimal amount the first time from a new supplier, but since they have an actual storefront and will provide sample that you can touch, taste and smell...that is what I will be doing. And if I like what I sample, I can go ahead and purchase larger quantities.

Costco. It's pretty much the same price as BrambleBerry, but without the added shipping cost since Costco is only 2 miles from my house. I also purchase my Olive Oil and Avocado Oil from them.

And I just found a local supplier about a half hour from my work for my other ingredients, but their business hours are the same as mine so I will either have to go to work early or stay late to make up the time lost or factor the time into my costs. I will be purchasing from them for the first time come Monday. Usually I purchase a minimal amount the first time from a new supplier, but since they have an actual storefront and will provide sample that you can touch, taste and smell...that is what I will be doing. And if I like what I sample, I can go ahead and purchase larger quantities.

I want avocado oil from Costco so bad, but it’s no where me. Being so far, it makes no sense to get another card.

That’s a great price.
The jars are usually 12.00, there is a 20 % off coupon now. So you can give it a go. There is also sunflower and olive oil half gallon for 7.50. I’ve made soap with it before and I like it. I’m going to get some more with my 20% coupon.

Ladies, I ordered coconut oil from soapersrs choice! Much cheaper! Thank you! Next time will go to Costco with a friend. I am not a member there.

The jars are usually 12.00, there is a 20 % off coupon now. So you can give it a go. There is also sunflower and olive oil half gallon for 7.50. I’ve made soap with it before and I like it. I’m going to get some more with my 20% coupon.
Yes, I did see that coupon in my email since I have the rewards card. I’ll check it out. Thank you.

It looks like others have already said this but I will say it again, Bulk Apothecary.

Out of stock when I looked yesterday. I find this true every time I have tried to shop at BA so I gave up.

They have been having trouble with getting stock in, much like when the whole lock down started and TP was at a premium. I got my big bucket when they had a sale on it.

Until them, Big Lots does have a good CO in a 5 (?) pound jar.

I got my coconut oil from soapers choice and I am not happy. It is 62 F at my house and oil is in liquid, not hard.. I ordered coconut oil 76. Also it smells like machinery and has bright yellow color. OMG... What I got? After BB it looks like a bucket of junk.

I like the dollar tree CO. It comes in small plastic jars, but I wash and reuse them for other things ... like storing colorants etc. This is the jars they sell.
1594913989422.png

Back