Coconut milk in cold process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MihiriBubbles

Reaction score
I'm looking to try using frozen coconut milk in my cold process, instead of distilled water. I've been trying to research up on how to do it, and for the most part it sounds like I just need to try keeping the lye-milk solution cool so that it doesn't burn the milk.
Any other tips or tricks for using coconut milk would be greatly appreciated ☺️
My typical recipe is 40% olive oil, 30% coconut oil, 20% palm oil, 5% sweet almond oil, and 5% castor oil. Water:Lye at 2:1

I'm looking to try using frozen coconut milk in my cold process, instead of distilled water. I've been trying to research up on how to do it, and for the most part it sounds like I just need to try keeping the lye-milk solution cool so that it doesn't burn the milk.
Any other tips or tricks for using coconut milk would be greatly appreciated ☺
My typical recipe is 40% olive oil, 30% coconut oil, 20% palm oil, 5% sweet almond oil, and 5% castor oil. Water:Lye at 2:1
Depending on the brand of coconut milk you use, I would actually lower the coconut oil amount. If you use a full fat coconut milk, that odd 13+ grams of fat per Tbsp will be come extra saponified coconut oil, raising the cleansing factor of the bar.

Back