coconut milk for c/p?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart of dixie soap co

Reaction score
i have a can of coconut milk in my cupboard that i never made into curry sauce for dinner. has anyone used this before? is there any benefit, increased lather, etc? i assume that you would treat it like anyother milk for lye processing.

i was thinking 50% chilled aloe juice and 50% coconut milk added in frozen cubes and doing an ice-water bath to keep temp under 100 degrees.

can i expect this to do anything unexpected like morph, thicken or seize?

is the results worth the extra effort and expense involved?

thanks!

monet

I love coconut milk in soap. I've used the canned and the powdered. Both make great soaps and have the same feel as the other in my finished bars.

It makes for dense, luxuriously creamy lather, although it doesn't seem to increase the bubbles much- just the creamy lather seems to be affected.

Also, coconut milk is not like goat milk. Coconut milk doesn't give me any problems with overhearting or turning my soap funky colors like goat milk can under certain conditions. I haven't ever had it seize or morph on me. (By the way, I'm not dissing goat milk- I use that a lot, too). :)

I think coconut milk is a lovely addition to soap and I always have some on hand. I mostly use the powder now because of the expense. It's easy to store, too. And like I said above, it feels the same as canned in my soap. I just mix it up with some of my water amount and stickblend it it into my oils before adding the lye.

The plan that you outlined for making you soap looks very good to me. I say go for it! :)

IrishLass

I, like Irish Lass like using coconut milk in my soaps. I generally mix it with my goat milk though. It makes a nice smooth, bubbly soap.

Yes, I do love coconut milk. Fresh and powdered. I am just a milk n creme freak. Fresh and powdered almond milk. I love it all. I cant seem to make a batch anymore without adding some. Get creative!

Latest posts

Back