Coconut layered/themed hexagonal soap (w/ dynamic top)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCorgi94

Reaction score
So more of the hexagonals today! And an extremely small batch at that too (3 soaps in total)

I think I really like this batch recipe. It sets quite hard quite quickly. Not as hard as the first time I used it, although there was quite a bit more water added to it this time that may have altered the setting of the soap a bit to make it a bit softer.

Either way, enough chit-chat, here's how it looks.

109180012_902283683617869_1774979558728786263_n.jpg

115888322_649369949268108_7258818840865506792_n.png

The bottom half is entirely smooth, nothin but TD for colouring, and the top part has cocoa and coffee grounds to give it a nice exfoliating texture. The whole thing smells like coconut, and hopefully looks like one too with the white flesh and brown/textured shell!

While I sprayed the tops with alcohol, I only did it before I'd made the textured top, meaning soda ash formed but oh whoa lucky me this hobby is for my enjoyment alone so it's fine lol, it washed away real easy 😂

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out! While I love the theming + separation of colours and think the dome-esque nature of the top part is handy, it being exfoliative really doesn't add much to the overall experience. If I make it again I'll probably leave out the coffee grounds. I know how I'm going to alter my process/recipe for next time so I'm looking forward to the next batch! 😄 Thank y'all for readin'

Last edited:
That domed top is really creative - almost like flames! I love it as is, and also think it would look cool with a black bottom and flame-colored top.

That domed top is really creative - almost like flames! I love it as is, and also think it would look cool with a black bottom and flame-colored top.

That's an excellent idea! I actually had some Embers scented FO arrive in the mail yesterday, that'd be a wonderful and creative concept for a soap!

Back