coconut cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a little late, as I didn't realize there was a reply to my question before :roll: lol

I live in the states though, BG, in western Washington.

I've since found some nice cream at a good price though, at Wal-Mart, of all places. It's branded as coconut milk, but it's actually very thick and more like a heavy cream than any milk I've ever bought. The brand is Mae Ploy, for those interested (100% coconut milk, no additives). :)

Jenny if you dont mind me asking...what temp do you soap at if you add the 50% coconut milk to the oils?

I just got a cranberry BB scent and want to make a coconut milk cranberry scented soap! I have frozen cranberries i pick from the bog nearby too, maybe with a cranberry exfoliator! Sorry for thinking out loud. or hijacking :oops:

Hi I am looking to make a coconut cream soap, I usually make a cold process castile soap, lye olive oil and coconut oil, I am hoping to substitute the coconut oil for coconut cream the solid blocks you get from the asain supermarket, which contain a bit of coconut oil? any ideas please? many thanks x

I make my own coconut milk.. works great without issues and you know there are no additives. Just freeze and use for lye solution like milk.
I also do my own almond since my husband already needs it to drink and I steal his that I make and freeze it. :)

Hi I am looking to make a coconut cream soap, I usually make a cold process castile soap, lye olive oil and coconut oil, I am hoping to substitute the coconut oil for coconut cream the solid blocks you get from the asain supermarket, which contain a bit of coconut oil? any ideas please? many thanks x

I just made my first coconut soap 3 days ago. I used canned coconut milk in place of the water and added ground coconut at trace. it turned out very nice looking (a pale creamy tan color) I would not recommend substituting the coconut oil for coconut cream because coconut cream isn't oil. Perhaps add the cream in addiction to your calculated oils and lye water.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I love using coconut cream in my recipes too! I recently bought a case of canned coconut milk, and thought it had no additives. Now I've discovered that there is guar gum in it. So when I opened a can, all the solid fats/coconut meat? are in a solid white mass, with a slippery, almost clear liquid at the bottom of the can. I can't seem to incorporate it back into an homogenous state. What about the rest of you coconut cream lovers? Is this how your coconut cream looks when you buy a can ? Does anyone know what the fat content would be, of the solid fat and ? guar gum? I usually add mine with the oils, but this isn't a liquid. It's a solid mass. Does it makes a difference, other than increasing the super fat of the soap? If there was a lye calculator with coconut cream listed, that would be awesome! But I haven't found one. :)

Back