Coconut and Sandalwood? Opinions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on my way to the store to buy some lard so that I can make a 7lb batch of soap so that I can try out my new Hercules on a slab batch.

Then an oh crap moment, I only have a little of this and a little of that for fragrances, because I normally only make smaller batches. Not a very well-thought out plan.

The only fragrances I have in quantity are coconut and sandalwood, but not enough of each for the larger batch. I think they smell ok together...not sure. I put both of the bottles up to my nose at the same time. The coconut seems to out-power the sandalwood.

Any thoughts or experiences on combining these two together?

I have an FO called Santal Coconut which is divine. it smells sort of warm and salted-caramelly to my nose.

Description​

Santal and Coconut fragrance brings the essence of a luxurious tropical holiday to your space. Typically, coconut fragrances are sweet, however, this scent is more wood-forward highlighting notes of amyris, cedar and sandalwood.

This versatile scent can be used for a sophisticated summery, tropical range but does have year-round appeal.

Top:Benzoin, Coconut Milk
Middle:Coconut, Sandalwood
Base:Amyris, Cedar, Tonka Bean

I have an FO called Santal Coconut which is divine. it smells sort of warm and salted-caramelly to my nose.

Description​

Santal and Coconut fragrance brings the essence of a luxurious tropical holiday to your space. Typically, coconut fragrances are sweet, however, this scent is more wood-forward highlighting notes of amyris, cedar and sandalwood.

This versatile scent can be used for a sophisticated summery, tropical range but does have year-round appeal.

Top:Benzoin, Coconut Milk
Middle:Coconut, Sandalwood
Base:Amyris, Cedar, Tonka Bean

Not a big fan of coconut, but that profile looks amazing.

Latest posts

Back