Coconut 92

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCottageSoapworks

Reaction score
I've been searching for the best price for 50 lbs. of Coconut 92. Since there are always new sources for these kinds of products, I figured this would be a good place to find out if there are any new companies that may offer a better price. Thanks in advance for your help!

David

Soaper's Choice has it for $70. I imagine the shipping will be pretty steep. The shipping to me would be $25.

While on the subject of coconut 92... Is it any different from the 76 stuff in the finished soap? I live in a pretty hot climate and I could see where it would be beneficial for something like a deodorant. But in my mind it shouldn't really make any difference in the soap unless maybe a high coconut superfat? Could be wrong though?

While on the subject of coconut 92... Is it any different from the 76 stuff in the finished soap? I live in a pretty hot climate and I could see where it would be beneficial for something like a deodorant. But in my mind it shouldn't really make any difference in the soap unless maybe a high coconut superfat? Could be wrong though?
As Soaper's Choice points out "Coconut 92 degree will make a harder bar of soap then coconut 76 degree. Uses of 92 Degree Coconut oil is best used for lipsticks, soaps, ointments, massage creams and sunscreens. The benefits of Coconut Oil 92 Degree is it lathers easily in soap, smoothes the skin, and has along shelf life."
Coconut 76 "layers" itself into the different fatty acids it contains thereby making it important to heat and homogenize it so that your soaps will turn out properly from batch to batch! With Coconut 92 you don't have to do that and it get a harder bar because of the hydrogenation that turns it from Coconut 76 to Coconut 92!

I know Mike says that coconut 92 makes a harder bar but I don't think it is that noticeable. I don't adjust my formulation just because of it.

I do use Coconut 92. I like that it is solid in the summer when I am making most of my soap. I just don't like the 50 pound bucket of 76% coconut oil that is mostly liquid in summer. I can just imagine a spill! Soaper's choice coconut 92 does come in a box which means I purchase what I want for the year before July/August when I would be afraid of leaking in the box.

Back