Cocoa Mint Lip Balm recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellyfish

Reaction score
Cocoa Mint Lip Balm

1.5 oz. cocoa butter (non-deodorize)
1 oz. beeswax
1.5 oz. shea butter
.01 oz. pure Vitamin E
3-5 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)

You may wish to less or no peppermint if you don't like the "tingle" that peppermint leaves behind on your lips; the sensation disappears within a few minutes of application) In a heat proof measuring cup with a lip for pouring, melt together the cocoa butter, shea butter and beeswax over a double boiler. Once the butters and wax have completely liquefied, remove from heat. Stir with a pop sickle stick to ensure the mix. Add Vitamin E and stir to incorporate. Add the essential oil and stir to combine. While mixture remains hot, pour into lip balm containers. You may spill a bit outside the containers as you get used to steadying your hand to pour. If this happens, wait for the mixture to harden and wipe the containers with a clean cloth. Seal, label and enjoy!!

Cocoa Mint Lip Balm

1.5 oz. cocoa butter (non-deodorize)
1 oz. beeswax
1.5 oz. shea butter
.01 oz. pure Vitamin E
3-5 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)

You may wish to less or no peppermint if you don't like the "tingle" that peppermint leaves behind on your lips; the sensation disappears within a few minutes of application) In a heat proof measuring cup with a lip for pouring, melt together the cocoa butter, shea butter and beeswax over a double boiler. Once the butters and wax have completely liquefied, remove from heat. Stir with a pop sickle stick to ensure the mix. Add Vitamin E and stir to incorporate. Add the essential oil and stir to combine. While mixture remains hot, pour into lip balm containers. You may spill a bit outside the containers as you get used to steadying your hand to pour. If this happens, wait for the mixture to harden and wipe the containers with a clean cloth. Seal, label and enjoy!!
Thanks!

Thanks so much for the recipe:) I have been wanting to try lip balm for awhile now and have been looking for a good recipe. I love the chocolate and mint combo so looking forward to trying this tomorrow. Does anyone else have a good lip balm recipe they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks again

Just a side bit of advice if you do sticks.. on first pour go just over the stick in the middle and cool down a bit (I put mine in front of a fan since if I blow who knows what will fly on them) because they will shrink down and you will get a small hole down the middle. Then do a quick second pour to fill over that hole and give a nice top. I've been making for about 2 years and still spill so don't worry if you do... like Jellyfish said, just let it harden and wipe clean with a papertowel or cloth.

Latest posts

Back