Closest FO to Cool Water for men?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparrny

Reaction score
My Taiwan with Bay Rum is fine for the older crowd but my younger guys like Cool Water...
In your opinion who carries the closest match?

R, a great resource for FO reviews is the Soap Scent Review board. We have an excel chart here, as well, but it is organized by supplier, so I don't know if you can search for a scent rather than a supplier, maybe someone else can opine on that.

Anyway, the SSRB is a little bit of a pain to join - you have to have a paid email subscription, you might have one already, my Time Warner cable/internet account came with one included, signing up for the SSRB is the only thing I have ever used it for.

So you use that to join, check it so that you can respond from there to confirm, and even then there are sometimes sign-up glitches, it seems, it is owned/moderated/administered by one woman who has a lot on her plate! But it is a really good resource, in part b/c of issues like this where you want to search for a certain scent.

ETA: The Cool Water that people seemed to like best there (just checked) are by Bitter Creek North (prob. the most favorably reviewed in greatest numbers) and then Brambleberry, I think their's is called Cold Water.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Not much help here, since I have never smelled the real Cool Water. Nature's Garden does sell a Cool Water Type FO, and it smells really good out of bottle. I have not soaped my sample, yet, though.

ETA: The Cool Water that people seemed to like best there (just checked) are by Bitter Creek North (prob. the most favorably reviewed in greatest numbers) and then Brambleberry, I think their's is called Cold Water.
Just ordered it thanks!

I just made shaving soaps with Cool Water type from WSP. I only smelled the cologne once years ago, but the FO is very nice and perfect for a guy soap.

I have had very mixed results w/SOS. Some of their dupes are amazing, but do not stick well in soap. My very favorite lotion/butter/cream FO is their dupe of Jo Malone's Lime, Basil Mandarin, no luck in CP though. Some of them do stick. It is just kind of hit or miss. I find this true of all their scents, not just the dupes.

Also, they are expensive if you get the extreme version (they sell in different concentrations), which I always do. They sell really cheap little testers that you can use to do a small sample, though.

lsg is right, that one is well reviewed, even for cp.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back