Clear Stamps with Acrylic Blocks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some of those scrap booking stamp sheets that go onto acrylic blocks that I adore. Has anyone had any luck with using them for stamping soap? I'm worried that the indentations would not be prominent enough to leave a good impression.

I'm not ready to bite the bullet and have a custom stamp made but haven't found soap stamps or wooden stamps with a mid-century modern vibe to them.

ETA: I should have mentioned that the ones i'm looking at are pretty simple without fine details.

Last edited:
It really does depend upon the particular stamp. Something bold and graphic seems to work best with stamps. Not too much fussy detail, which lends itself nicely to a lot of mid-century designs. I say go for it! Uh oh.....am I being an enabler?

sheepish 2.gif

What are the stamps made of?

I did get a custom stamp with my logo on it, and it's made of Acrylic. It works really well.

I do a lot of stamping and the polymer/clear stamps have a lot of give to them, so I imagine that your soap would have to be pretty soft in order to work without distorting the stamp.

Good to know. I've seen posts here of folks using rubber stamps on the day of the cut with good results.

There's only one way to know for sure... I'll have to try it out. :)

I think acrylic is far more forgiving than wood. I have a few weeks old soaps stamped with acrylic w/o a problem.

Latest posts

Back