Clear see through for Stephenson range

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnray

Reaction score
hi all. I’m looking for a clear base from the Stephenson range.

I’ve been getting cloudy finishes although they say it is crystal. Could it be the type of fragrance oil that makes it this way?

Attachments

• 85B6B792-C0E5-473B-9287-D7064EEA626F.jpeg
    85B6B792-C0E5-473B-9287-D7064EEA626F.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 12
Some fragrance oils can cloud liquid soap, so I am thinking the same thing may happen with M&P.

FO, and temp can play a part in how cloudy M&P soap is. Don't over heat it when melting it, and use FO's that are clear, and that will help.

FO, and temp can play a part in how cloudy M&P soap is. Don't over heat it when melting it, and use FO's that are clear, and that will help.
how do you know if you are overheating it? i double boil my soap instead of putting it in a pan directly or the microwave.

Also i do not know if it is because of the room temp, but I keep getting bubbles on the surface of the glass and it pours into the mould. Even if i spray the alcohol.

You can call Stephenson and talk to customer service. My daughter always used Essentials by Catalina's Clear and Ultra Clear Soap. It looks like they now make all their bases in-house. I believe it was Stephenson's base they also sold at one time. I do know temp makes a big difference. She used a temp controlled melter, I use the micro in 10-sec increments.

Back