cleaning your utensils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherg23

Reaction score
I did my first MP soaps....I have dried soap base on the Pyrex cup and my spatulas and other utensils that I used to make my 4 bars and I can't see myself scrapping the dried soap off any more then I have been.

How do you get that dried soap off. Is putting it in hot water enough? will it loosen it up?

Thanks!
Heather

Try putting the pyrex cups and spatulas in the refrigerator for a bit and the soap should peel off easily.

I just throw them in the dishwasher. If you don't have a dishwasher, then hot water will get it off just fine.

This will sound a bit goofy

RE: Pyrex measuring cups. I make sure that I tip the cup before the M&P hardens. This usually assures that there is at least one place where there is 1/4" (or something) of soap when it hardens. I then use my fingernails to start peeling the soap off of that spot. (Careful: Don't jam hardened soap under your fingernails!) I find that virtually 100% of the hardened soap peels off the pyrex once you get it started.

Latest posts

Back