Cleaning up after first successful attempt at soapmaking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably not the milk carton itself; I've used them many times without any problems, other than tearing them off the soap in some cases (until it occurred to me I could cut the opening along the long end making it easier to remove the soap.)

It's the formula + time in the carton & how long to the cut & the cutting implement. All play a role.

If you don't need the gear right away, the simple thing to do is toss it in a bucket for a couple days and let it turn into soap. Then you can just soak it and rub off the soap. I went to a dollar store and bought some utensils so I wouldn't need the gear right away. Be advised, you don't want to put the stuff in the dishwasher without getting the soap off. You will wind up with a kitchen full of suds. Ask me how I know.

I'm on a septic tank. I don't want a lot of oil going down the drain. Things that were exposed to just oil and not the batter get wiped with a paper towel.

Back