Clean The World!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/se ... ar_of_soap

I saw this posted on FB from the HSMG. Wow! I just got off the phone from a 30 minute talk with one of the guys from Clean The World. They are gathering soap and rebatching and then sending it to Haiti.

He's going to email me back with a shipping address for anyone that wants to donate your uglies. Imagine, your ugly failed shocking pink or dead fish gray soap going to some real good, fighting disease in parts of the world lacking proper sanitation.

Anyway, I told them about all of you soapers and promised that I would post there info incase anyone wanted to send them soap. I'm going to send my recipe tests, miscolored, fading scents along with scraps and ends that I can't use. They'll take MP, CP, HP and liquid.

As soon as I get the addy I will post it.

I should note that they don't rebatch the soap themselves. They've partnered with a men's mission in Orlando providing jobs to the homeless. It just keeps getting better!

Clean the World

c/o Threads of Compassion

4625 Old Winter Garden Road B7
Orlando, FL 32811

I'm so excited about this. Can you tell? :)

You know what would be neat is if we donated in the name of the Soapmaking Forum and kept count of the pounds of soap donated. Could be very motivating.

That is a very good idea Deda and Jarvan , count me in . I have a few to donate :wink: .

Kitn

This is such a wonderful idea. And very inspiring in every way to soapmakers everywhere.
Soap would be such a luxury over there for those people.
I wonder if this is open worldwide or just in the US?

I just checked and it looks like it's only the US. It's kind of confusing because It looks like you have to be a hotel to donate soap. In the address boxes it lets you choose UK but you have to choose from american states...?

Anyone who isn't from the US able to get through?

This is great! Saw in a tv show a couple of months ago, that soap would be one of the most life saving things to have in Africa; probably even above medicines...
Makes you realise how privilaged we really are.

I'm definitely in on this. I have a lot of bars that I can box up and send and I will keep this address posted in my soap room. Any time a batch isn't to my liking, they're getting it!!!
Thank you so much for posting this information. This is probably the most important piece of information I have seen on this forum yet!!!

Soap_for_breakfast said:
I just checked and it looks like it's only the US. It's kind of confusing because It looks like you have to be a hotel to donate soap. In the address boxes it lets you choose UK but you have to choose from american states...?

They are located in Orlando, FL. Currently they get the soap to rebatch through hotels, but when I talked to them about taking our unused soap they were thrilled.

I'm sure they would accept soap from any country, but the cost to ship might be prohibitive. I expect to speak with them again in the next week and I'll ask if there are aware of any similar programs anywhere else in the world.

Deda I'd like to keep this up the top so that it stays on everyone's minds. I'm interested to hear what comes out of your next convo with this man.
I hope we can all get involved in some way.

Deda said:
Soap_for_breakfast said:

They are located in Orlando, FL. Currently they get the soap to rebatch through hotels, but when I talked to them about taking our unused soap they were thrilled.

I'm sure they would accept soap from any country, but the cost to ship might be prohibitive. I expect to speak with them again in the next week and I'll ask if there are aware of any similar programs anywhere else in the world.

Cool, please keep us updated :)

I just sent 10 pounds of soap (fugs etc.) off this morning. :D What a great idea this is! From now on, they're getting all my stuff I can't sell.

Latest posts

Back