Clays - do they actually do anything?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodi- great comment! I have not tried the clay mask maybe a booster once a week to do though-
I have just used the soap- washing twice a day- then I use a bit of witch hazel- alcohol free which was so hard to find. Dab a dot of tea tree on each bad zit and then if I need light moisture- I use CO Bigelow's extra light lotion with clay. It's probably one of the only mass produced products I use anymore and it also makes a great makeup primer- it helps to balance my skin!
Thanks Kat- I will PM you- this is crazy and I agree it has to be genetic my mom also had menopause and a hysterectomy as I did at 34. :(

clays

I make a goat milk and tea tree oil soap for people with acne and they love it. I recently purchased some beige australian clay. Would it be a good addition to this soap? If so, how much do you add ppo? This sounds so cool.

I have never heard of that one- but now I will look it up! Goat does a body good though too! :)
I add 1 TBS. per pound- have to go on my cooking conversion- don't know how many ounces that is- I'm horrible in math- I know it's less than an ounce. The 1 TBS worked great for me! It mixed better than I expected as well! Just add it slowly and stir stir!

When I add clay to soap, I use it at 1 tsp ppo. Or sometimes, I swirl it in: take out one or two cups of soap at trace, add clay which has first been mixed with a little oil (otherwise I get lumps of powder in the soap, looking like speckles). Then stir back into pot, just 3 or 4 good stirs, and immediately into the mold.

I have used CP clay soaps that would make you swear you had just applied a facial mask. They can really cleanse your pores.

Tab-
I would describe my ugly bar that I use as almost a mask but I do put in extra clay to a GM rebatch.
Here's an update- I tried using the clay as a mask and it just helps the clearing process along- I'm super happy about it finally back on my way to clear not so oily skin! :)

I need a new camera myself- I tried to put a pic on here yesterday but I gave up could not figure it out- I might have to put my pics on photobucket first or something..:(

Has anyone ever used the Aztec Secret -Indain Healing Clay In their soaps?

Thanks!

Leah

I found this old Handmade Soap dish wall hanger at a yard sale when I went to AZ. in Oct.. Just wanted to share!! I have only been making my own soaps regular for almost a year now... I look around for items like this to show of my soaps...I enjoy making and using my soap.. I also give it as gifts to family and friends.. I love to do rebatch with my soaps after it's been cured. I like the texture of rebatch much better..

I'm sending my son who is stationed in Japan -US Navy a batch for him and buddies. I wanted to put the Aztec Indain healing clay into a goat milk batch.. Any ideas??

I tried to post a pic of my soap dish twice .. it will not post it.. I went to browse and down load.

Whats the trick???

Leah said:
I tried to post a pic of my soap dish twice .. it will not post it.. I went to browse and down load.

Whats the trick???

I think it means your picture is too big...

This really is a good thread! I'm trying to develop a soap for my little sister who has extremely bad acne AND an odd condition where, if she shaves her legs or underarms she actually breaks out in huge pussy pimples...

Leah- a goat milk rebatch or a regular gm cp batch?
Lane- There are many acne recipes out there- the thing that has worked for me is French Green Clay in a goat milk rebatch- no scent no oils no nothing- just that and some clay in a gm lotion or as a mask..It would look nice in a cp batch I haven't tried it yet though I don't do gm cp as of yet- goat milk is hard to get here but maybe you can try that- some people add tea tree and lavender, peppermint, chamomile, maybe to try to cover the tea tree smell- maybe this will help.

Latest posts

Back