Clay Suppliers Shipping to Maryland?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've given up for now on actually making soap pending an appointment with my allergist (the only oil/fat I've found that I don't react to is shea butter. I'm hoping I can increase my antihistamines...), but I've found French green clay works weirdly well with my hair. In the original version of this post I had done the math wrong and thought somehow Amazon was cheaper than buying in bulk due to the cost of shipping. I found the error in my math and buying in bulk is somewhat cheaper. However, I'm wondering if there is anywhere that would ship to Maryland for a reasonable amount in less than 7 to 10 business days. I can do it if I have to but I'm not usually quite that organized... Alternately, if there's anywhere cheaper than Brambleberry. It seems odd that that's the cheapest given it's super far so I'm wondering if there's a better option.

Last edited:
Elements Bath & Body in Colorado is a good place to buy most of your soapmaking supplies. They have been in business since before I started soaping in 2004. Shipping is generally quick and reasonable, altho the whole mailing system seems to be in a bit of overload these days.

FYI: You should be able find Aztec Healing Clay (aka Bentonite Clay) locally at Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc. It's a very nice clay to work with. I use a bit in my shave soap for "slickness". I also use it in DETOX BATH SALTS and as a facial mask for my mature, dry, sensitive skin. :thumbs:

You might also try Rhassoul clay. Some cultures have used that for hair washing for centuries. In fact, the word “rhassoul” comes from a root word meaning “to wash.”

I’ve successfully used it myself for washing my hair, which is dry, thick, coarse, curly, and low-porosity. I would just add about a tablespoon to a condiment bottle or used shampoo bottle, add enough water to make a kinda runny slurry, and squirt the slurry on my wet roots. Then gently message it into my scalp and rinse very, very well, followed with an ACV rinse.

Latest posts

Back