clay masks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
So I have a whole bunch of clays and I've been looking for a recipe to make a mask. I've found one that calls for benonite clay and activated charcoal powder (which I have) and also for tea tree eo (which I also have).

I'm stumped at how on earth do you mix eo's and clays and get a dry mixture you can store in a container until ready to use?

I have benonite, french green, red clay, rose clay, orange clay, yellow clay, and activated charcoal powder.

Will anyone share an easy mask recipe? I have normal to oily skin that is prone to an occaisional break out.

TIA!

there is a lady here who makes them and sells a little kit. she includes a mix of dry clays, a couple of small vials of EO and directions to use depending on what you want the mask to do. like mixing it with honey for ____, or plain water for ____. or whatever.
maybe you could do that?

I would mix your dry ingredients and then when you want to make a mask take a small amount out and then you can use eggs, yogurt, mayonaisse, water, cream, goat's milk or whatever you want for the liquid part. Keep your Tea tree EO to a minimum and I would recommend you add lavender EO and if you have it, Sandalwood & Rose as they are facial skin loving.....

HTH

I make dry masks, but I don't use EOs in them. I don't think there is any way to incorporate it unless you use some bicarb as well, which I am not sure is great for the skin?

I premix my masks with fruit powders and milk powders and honey powder, so all they need is water. Bentonite makes a nice face mask, but my favourite is Rhassoul. To be honest, I'd prefer no EOs in the mask and then sell a separate face oil or lotion with all the EOs in it to treat the face after the deep clean of the mask.

Actually they are quite good for the skin but they need to be very diluted via the mask to be skin safe. The ones recommended are in particular good for the skin and by letting them sit on the skin it a mask like that then they are really getting a chance to do their work. If I were selling it then I really like your idea, using the EO's in a serum afterwards.

The same EO's in the two different methods are going to be somewhat different in treatment as they are synergistic and become part of the whole when combined with different oils and different ingredients. Lavender always strengthens the properties of whatever EO it is added to.

Both methods work.....

The 'original' soapdihs, a supplier in Cananad has great supplies and recipes on her site.

If you want the EO in the mask, how about spraying it in with a fine mist bottle? I wouldn't use fruit powders though, they clump just by thinking about anything humid.

I don't know if this would work since I've never made masks before, but your question reminded me of a recipe I once saw for dry shampoo....

the recipe used essential oils and it said to put the powder in a food processor and drop the essential oils through the top spout while pulsing the powder in the processor....maybe this would work for clay as well?

So I have a whole bunch of clays and I've been looking for a recipe to make a mask. I've found one that calls for benonite clay and activated charcoal powder (which I have) and also for tea tree eo (which I also have).

I'm stumped at how on earth do you mix eo's and clays and get a dry mixture you can store in a container until ready to use?

I have benonite, french green, red clay, rose clay, orange clay, yellow clay, and activated charcoal powder.

Will anyone share an easy mask recipe? I have normal to oily skin that is prone to an occaisional break out.

TIA!

I use few masks recipes from Android app Clay - cosmetic & healing, according to my skin type. You can try every clay you have. In this app you have steps to prepare masks, baths, clay poultices - cataplasms, and similar.

Latest posts

Back