Clay Issues?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina05

Reaction score
Hi soapers, I made a batched yesterday and unmold today, it was my first time working with clay. One side is ok, but the other side of the soap the clay looks weird, any suggestions? I tried making a diagonal soap. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 47
Hi soapers, I made a batched yesterday and unmold today, it was my first time working with clay. One side is ok, but the other side of the soap the clay looks weird, any suggestions? I tried making a diagonal soap. Thank you
Pretty soap & diagonal line. I wouldn't know what caused the clay to appear different from top half w/ out clay, It would only be a guess" maybe glycerin rivers? 💫.

Both colors I used clays, that’s what I thought, glycerin rivers, but I would like confirmation please.

Pretty soap & diagonal line. I wouldn't know what caused the clay to appear different from top half w/ out clay, It would only be a guess" maybe glycerin rivers? 💫.
Thank you! I guess they came out nice, even though that issue. 😃

The orange is glycerine rivers or stearic swirls and the grey side looks like stearic spots.
Neither will effect the use of the soap but glycerine rivers tend to cure at different rates so it might get a bit bumpy.

You can get rid of glycerine rivers by reducing the water in the recipe to about 32% lye concentration.
You can get rid of stearic spots and swirls by soaping at 110*F.

The orange is glycerine rivers or stearic swirls and the grey side looks like stearic spots.
Neither will effect the use of the soap but glycerine rivers tend to cure at different rates so it might get a bit bumpy.

You can get rid of glycerine rivers by reducing the water in the recipe to about 32% lye concentration.
You can get rid of stearic spots and swirls by soaping at 110*F.
Thank you penelopejane!!!!

Latest posts

Back