Clary sage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss

Reaction score
I hate the smell of clary sage, but i'd like to try using it. Is there anything that helps balance out or cover up the smell? What blends well with it?

I don't care for it either. I'm not sure what would blend well with it though.

According to the essential oil chart it's supposed to blend well with Lavender, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Geranium, Cypress, Orange. Although i've never tried any of them personally so I can't tell you whether or not they help the scent.

I love it ;)

I use it with everything... if you want something sweet and herby use it with spearmint.

if you want something foresty and bright/earthy (if that makes sense) try it with patchouli.

:)

There's always the old standby - Lemongrass and Sage.

I personally love the smell of Clary Sage and I think it mixes well with many scents.

Marr

why is it that you want to use clary sage? perhaps there is another essential oil that does the same thing.

ps-clary sage (salvia sclarea) and sage (salvia officinalis) are two different oils and have different healing properties, actually there are a lot of different sages.

Back